Sunday, August 18, 2013

Progress Update

I have fallen into arrears with my BOM schedule and am trying to quickly do some catch up as time allows.  Family commitments still kept me busy this weekend but I have made some progress over the last week.

The Quilt Doodle Doodle BOMs are usually quite fast to put together so I decided to start there.     However , the July block was a little more challenging than usual but the results made me very happy, despite the extra time involved in reaching that goal.  The August block was a simple log cabin so I whipped them both out over a couple days this last week.




August's Log Cabin

This weekend I found time for the And Sew On BOM August block that  Kristy over at Quiet Play has posted for free each month on her site and you can buy her past patterns for a small fee on Craftsy.  I decided to start with the August block so I can link it up for this month's linky party but hope to get the July block done soon, too.  I have to admit to being totally charmed by the beauty of this block and was itching to see it come to life.  I am very happy with the resulting block.  Thank you so much Kristy for the beautiful block...be sure to jump over there and get the pattern for free this month and be sure to check out all her many new patterns. She has been very busy creating something for everyone's taste and I will be needing to buy some of them as soon as I have the time to move on to new projects.  I am currently eying her strawberry pattern and also the upcoming fairy tale line she is working on.  So here is my completed Stash Cupboard block.


August's Stash Cupboard

And lastly I completed the Craftsy August 2013 block.  It is one that Laura is having us do in two parts and I am thankful for that because it meant all I needed to do was make the basket this month and next month we will learn to hand applique the flowers into the basket.  She is allowing us to opt to machine applique if that is what we choose to do.  I am trying to do each of these BOMs as a learning curve assignment so I would love to give her lesson and any method she suggests a good try but I would definitely need to catch up on my other BOMs to do that.  Yes, my handle is a little wonky on the right but I am sure my September flowers will cover it up :)



Here is what I still need to do to reach my August goals

  1. Pile O Fabric Skillbuilder blocks
  • Phoenix
  • Pixelate
  • Saturn
  • Candyland
  • Broken Arrow
    2.  July Castle Blocks
  • Gnome Castle
  • Surprise Castle
    3.   August Castle Blocks
  • Gnome Castle
  • Surprise Castle
  • Fairy Castle
That would get me caught up with my BOMs and I have 13 days left in the month to achieve it.  However, I do have some other goals as well. 

     4.   I need to finish my Forest QAL quilt binding and post it here prior
           to August 31st. 

     5.   Finish my Deer baby quilt by Sept 5th  baby due Sept 7th...cutting
           it close I know

     6.   Finish Brayden's name quilt that I started way before he had a name
           and have yet to complete.  I would like to have it done by Sept 5th also.
           Wow did they add more hours to a day so I can get this all done or
           should I eat my Wheaties everyday??? 

I feel like Dory in Finding Nemo would probably be saying to me ' Just Keep Stitchin' so that is what I will do!


3 comments:

  1. Love the fabric on your stash cupboard door, great blocks! Good luck with catching up on your list

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your Stash block came together! The fussy cut sewing machine on the front is perfect! I'm so glad you enjoyed the block - it's definitely one of my faves of the BoM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric on your jumping jack block is great. Your And Sew On block looks great as well, I love the print you chose for the door panels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! It makes my day when you leave a comment. Please feel free to ask a question or drop a note anytime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...